Thursday, April 5, 2012

konnichiwa

Well, here we go. When we got married we asked the Lord for an adventure and He answered. Big time.

Back Story: Tuesday morning Brian called me and said he had gotten web orders online for our next duty station. After the previous shock of receiving Ground Supply, we were really hoping and praying for an awesome duty station. Brian's first words to me were, "it's God's will," and my heart sank. I knew "it's God's will" meant North Carolina. See, we got to rank our duty stations and we ranked East Coast last. Now, before all our lovely east coast friends and family get angry about this you should know this-- we did this because we are pretty sure that one day we will settle back down in North Carolina. For the time being we just wanted to GO. EXPLORE. Figure out life and marriage and adventure.

So we spent about 24 hours thinking we were going to be back in NC for the next three years. We weren't angry, but we weren't excited. We were just trying hard to believe that it was what God had for us.

So that brings us to Wednesday night. I'm walking through Target to get QTips and garbage bags (obviously really important to the story) and Brian calls with a super excited voice. He's all, "BABE, I HAVE GOOD NEWS!" And I'm all, "FINALLY!" He continued on to tell me that his web orders were wrong and we would no longer be moving to NC.

So here is our news: We are moving to..... OKINAWA, Japan! Japan ya'll, JAPAN! Three years; more specifically 36 months. And you should come visit. Cause it's a tropical island. And beautiful.

We will be here in Virginia until the middle of June, and then will move to North Carolina for 8 weeks while Brian in in supply school. After supply school we will be off to the land of sushi and cherry blossoms (seriously, this is all I know about Japan). We are so excited and are ready for the adventure that will come! We covet your prayers as there is so much to be done before we leave. Pray that God would go before us and prepare the way. That he would provide strong community and relationships for us and that our marriage would grow exponentially as we learn to lean on one another. And that He would continually calm our hearts and remind us that this truly is His plan.

And please. Come visit.

And because I have no other pictures to share of this momentous occasion: here is why you should come visit...



5 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is so crazy and exciting. Rob lived in Japan for a while when he was younger, and he loved it. That's so exciting for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazzzzzing! I'm so excited for you two. God is so crazy, I love it. I am also very glad you started this blog, following an international blog, so exotic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so happy :) I love you, little sis! Loved hearing your sweet voice today. Think about the adventures that are to come!! And we thought Ghana was an adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!? I was born in Japan! For real, my Dad was in the Navy. I don't remember anything but I assume that's where my love of sushi and cherry blossoms came from. ( I also know nothing about Japan, or my people ). Anyway super exciting, super awesome, and I am loving your blog. Keep up the good work! Or as they say in Japan 良い仕事を続ける

    ReplyDelete
  5. another awesome blog entry mckenz!!! loved getting to see yall on the skype last night : ) absolutely PUMPED for yall!!

    ReplyDelete